Tuesday, October 28

This shit is HARD!

“Old souls have much wisdom. Some days I feel like I know so much. Life seems so easy. And other days I wonder why it’s so hard. Those are the days I realize I have so much more to learn. Yet “they” say experience is the best teacher. And of course I always find it much harder to practice what I preach.” – MD

Life is a journey. I’m sure that you’ve heard that before. However, no matter how many times you may have heard it and no matter how many times you’ve rolled your eyes at the person that’s speaking, it really is true. Life is something that every day you travel through. You see beautiful sights, hear wonderful sounds, feel happiness and sadness, joy and pain, and try to absorb as much as you can to take with you. We are all just tourists here. We try to learn how this world works and how to make the best of our life, but we are only passing through.

I think that’s why it’s SO hard sometimes to keep walking in the right direction. It’s almost like we’re all ADD and SO easily distracted from our journey. We find ourselves snared in the thorniest brambles and so far off the journey’s path that we can’t even see it to get back.

I really do think it’s kind of funny really. See, I write this every day (OK, OK…ALMOST every day) and I feel that in my heart and soul, I’m usually giving good thoughts and guidance. And yet, I have my own issues and dragons that are currently living in my life. I try to use what I write and live the way I KNOW I should, but sometimes, I just can’t make myself take my own guidance. :-)

I think that’s normal. At least, I HOPE it is. And so I don’t worry about it. I know that at one time, I was SO far from my journey’s path, I think I was in a different country! But I had a great friend that was willing to take the time and come find me. Well, he did find me and he pulled me out of my brambles and helped me to find my way back. I can never thank him enough, and I know what he’d say to me. “I am just doing the right thing.” God love ya JC, I always will. :-)

So, knowing all this, how do I live? I WANT to be the best I can be. I WANT to follow my journey to the grand conclusion I know is waiting for me. But the last thing I want to do is lose my path again. I have learned from experience that it only hurts when I leave the path.

But there’s no magic formula for this. We don’t have an instruction booklet for life. No one REALLY ever teaches us how to live this journey. So the question, again, is what do we do? HOW do we make this work?

I know I’m not perfect…life would be SO much easier if I was. :-) I know that I still step off my path every now and then, but thankfully it’s not very far off anymore. I’m usually able to get back pretty quickly and usually all on my own. But I know that that doesn’t really help anybody else. And just as my best friend says…I wanna do the right thing.

So let’s get some ideas for staying on the path. :-)

• Begin each day fresh. This means you need to let go of yesterday’s crap and be in the moment. If this is hard for you…just realize that yesterday’s BIG shit will probably find it’s was into today. :-)
• KNOW what you’re doing. Remember that this world is the deception. It’s the neon lights that are meant to distract you from your journey and what’s really important. So the “what” you’re doing isn’t necessarily the job you’re at or the people you’re with.
• Gather around you people of similar spirits. I’m not saying that you need to dump all your friends, but friends have a certain amount of influence on your life. So the more friends that you have that are in line with HOW you decide to live your journey, the better and easier it will be to live it.
• Take time each day, during and at the end, to focus yourself. Spend some time with just you and honestly look at where you are and what you’re doing. It’s OK to see that you’re getting off track and admit that you made a mistake or whatever. Don’t beat yourself up here, just acknowledge and adjust.

Remember that you WILL step off the path. It’s all our natures. Just think of it as life’s reminder for why you stay on the path in the first place. :-)

So take a second and look around where you’re at. Is it thorny and prickly? Do you see me over here trying to get your attention? Walk towards me and let’s get you back onto the right path.

1 comment:

Gail said...

Thank you Brandon, I need this post today.

Gail