Friday, October 24

Help! I'm drowning...

Tears

I’m drowning in a sea of tears
The waters crashing all around
Were shed by me for years.

I wipe them away
Pretend they don’t fall
But know they’re here to stay.

I try to drown them with drinks
And running like mad
My heart is still broken, I think.

How can I heal?
And take this pain away.
How can I heal?
And bring back clear blue days.

No one can help
And heal this heart of mine
I walk this path alone
Until the end of time.

But I’m not alone
Though my heart says I am
They walk right here beside me
If I just reach out my hand.

Instead I close my eyes
Convince myself I’m alone
As my tears continue to fall
On this path that’s made of stone.

So I walk on my path
With tears in my eyes
When will my heart not hurt?
When will I not cry?
BCA ‘08



OK…so it’s not a pretty and uplifting poem. Sue me. :-)

It is, however, the truth of how lots of people live their lives. They believe that NO ONE else could ever possible understand or have gone through what they are going through right now. That is complete bullshit.

You are NEVER alone. EVER! And sometimes you have many people that will stand with you and help you through whatever is going on.

Let’s leave the past where it belongs…in the past. There’s NOTHING you can do about what has already happened. What you CAN do, is learn from it, grow because of it, and be a better person today.

Stop…take a look around you. You might find someone that will take your hand and walk with you through this mess we call life. You never know, until you look AND reach out a hand and try.

So c’mon…I’m the one standing over there waving at you.

No comments: