Wednesday, November 5

Miracles Happen…

It doesn’t matter what you believe in, if it’s God, or Buddha, Allah, or a Divine Power of the Universe. There are some things that can really only be attributed to a Higher Power. Don’t believe me? Let me tell you a story then…

A guy and his wife are getting a divorce. Sometimes it’s nice and sometimes it’s just hell between them. More the latter than the former. The man goes to see a lawyer, knowing that things will go badly for him and his kids if he doesn’t get help. A couple years ago, the man was trying to get some advice and only 1 out of 12 returned his call. So, he goes to the one that he talked to before. He feels good talking to the lawyer, and finds out that she is the BEST in town to help him, but ultimately, it comes down to money. Money that he does not have and really has no way to get.

Having faith, he starts to call his friends and loved ones.

“Can you help me?” he asks them all.
“I’m SO sorry. I would give you anything that I had, but I have nothing to give you. I will try to find something and some way to help.” They all respond.

All but two. And they said, “I have an idea. I will help you find a solution.”

And they went to work on the problem.

The next day, he gets a call. “We have taken care of the money for you. There were no problems. And were happy to be able to do this.”

So, now the fight begins. Without any doubt in his heart, the man makes the arrangements to protect his kids. More and more comes out and when he thinks about it all, it scares him to his core. But he knows that God is on his side, how could he not? There was nothing that he could do on his own, and yet, everything has worked out. So, every day now when he wakes up, he says a prayer of thanks to God and when he sees his friends and loved ones, he thanks them and God that they are in his life.


Every single day, miracles happen in this world. Things that have no logical explanation. Some put these things down to chance, or coincidence, or luck, or fate, or whatever. And if you simply can’t bring yourself to believe that there is something greater than yourself, that just might be looking out for your happiness and willing to help you out, then that’s your choice. And a perfectly valid choice too.

As for me? I don’t think that I’m the greatest power in my life. I believe that God is infinitely more powerful than me, and He wants the absolute best for me in this life, and He will actively work to help that come about.

I love you all…regardless of what you believe in and I pray that everyone that reads my writings gets blessings by the armful!

So, today I will leave you with a prayer. Not mine own, but a prayer from Mother Theresa. May every word of it be true in your life.

May today there be peace within.
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be confident knowing you are a child of God. Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love.
It is there for each and every one of us

1 comment:

Shawn said...

Hey,

I don't remember any calls asking for help. OH heck, was that a Hypothetical story?

Keep trucking on.