Friday, January 22

Step Up…or Step Aside…

OK…I’ve been slacking and I admit it. I’ve let the first 3/4 of the first month of the year go by and I haven’t posted anything out. What a bad way to start the year here. But…sometimes inspiration is a little slow in coming. :-)

Today’s little chat is directed mainly to the Men in my audience, although the Women will hopefully enjoy it as well. Also, please remember that this is MY feeling, belief, and thought. It works for me and I hope it will, if not work for you, at least get you thinking about things in a different way.

Alright Men! Let’s talk a little shop. :-)

Think for me for a second, about what you picture when you think of a “Real Man”. Odds are is someone like William Wallace, Jesse James, Batman, or the like. Someone that you can see as always in control and not taking any shit from anyone.

Now…take another second and take a hard look at yourself. Do you fit the mold? If you’re honest with yourself, I’m betting that the answer is “No”.

Ever stop to think why? Why does the World hate “Real Men”?

I think it comes down to a few simple reasons.

Courage in yourself and to do what’s right.
Honor. Internally as well as projected.
Strength of heart, mind, and body.

Now, I’m sure that some men will be saying “Whoa! I’ve got those things.” But the question is do you exhibit those qualities and live up to them when it counts?

Men weren’t made to be the nurturing, loving, caring part of our species. We were made to be the defenders, the protectors, the leaders. That is where we fit the best.

Now, don’t get me wrong, women can exhibit those qualities and fit those roles too. But be honest, are you really comfortable there? Just like men can exhibit and express love and nurturing as well, but the honest ones will tell you that it feels weird to be like that all the time.

So, what’s my point for today? Look at the title again. “Step up or Step aside” Today is a call for all men to do one or the other. Our World today fears us. Men that do the right thing even when it’s not the easy thing. Men with the courage and honor to make their world a better place. Men that will protect what they love in the basest way, physically if necessary.

So step up or step aside!

Become a real man, or get out of the way for those of us that will be.

I refuse to apologize anymore for being a Man. For being strong, rough around the edges, honorable, protective, and courageous. I refuse to bend my knees to the establishment and hide the fact that I’m a Man. I don’t need to get in touch with my feminine side and learn to be anything other than a Man.

I will take the reins of leadership for me and my family and I will blaze the path for us all. I will lead by example and by direction. Sure, sometimes I might lead us astray, but I know I will be able to get us back on course soon enough. I will have the strength of my spirit, heart, mind, and body to know that I can and will lead my loved ones. I will also be humble enough to accept advice from my loved ones and listen with an open mind, whether or not I decide to follow that advice. I will be strong enough to accept the consequences of my choices, good or bad.

I don’t think that I’m asking for the impossible from my brothers. Sure, it’ll be difficult at the start. There will be people in your life that don’t want you to change. There will be people that don’t want you to lead. There will even be spouses that will try to keep you from becoming that leader. Remember this though, the reason for that is simple fear. Fear of change. Fear of a loss of control. Fear of harm.

Don’t get upset or frustrated with them. SHOW them. Just start being a real man and let them see that it really is for the best. Don’t worry about making mistakes. I know that you’ll make them. Hell, you’re human, it goes with the job. :-) Just make it right and move on.

A big fear that I think most men will have in this, is the fear of not being able to do it. The fear of not measuring up. The simple fear of not having what it takes.

LISTEN UP BROTHERS!

YOU are a MAN. You have what it takes. It is as much a part of you as your testicles. :-)

A word of warning though as we start this worldwide transformation…start slow. Don’t overdo it and become a tyrant in your home. Always remember that you are the defender and protector of those that you love. If you have to make a tough decision, err on the side of protecting. And always lead with love. That’s what people will respond to, that’s the right way to lead and become a Real Man.

Today, I’m going to leave you with a poem. Yes, that’s right a poem. :-) Know that I have faith in you and that your progression will make our world a better place. So, my brothers, raise your heads, thump your chests, and let out an animal roar. It’s time for the Real Men to Step Up and the pretenders to Step Aside.


To Any Little Boy's Father

There are little eyes upon you, and
they're watching night and day,
There are little ears that quickly take
in everything you say,
There are little hands all eager to do
everything you do,
And a little boy who's dreaming of the
day he'll be like you.

You're the little fellow's idol, you're
the wisest of the wise,
In his little mind, about you no
suspicions ever rise.
He believes in you devoutly, holds that
all you say and do,
He will say and do in your way, when he's
grown up, just like you.

There's a wide-eyed little fellow who
believes you're always right,
And his ears are always open and he
watches day and night,
You are setting an example every day in
all you do,
For the little boy who's waiting to grow
up and be like you.

1 comment:

Shawn said...

Are you calling me a Liar Boy? :D